- Election Results are in!
Congratulations and thanks to all who have allowed their name to stand for election as club officers. And a very special thanks to the outgoing president Mr. Ed Halliwell (VE3EAH). Thank you Ed for your service to the club – enjoy your “retirement”.
- NEW CLUB EXECUTIVE for 2020-2021
President, Larry Giguere VA3RSQ
Vice President, Doug Pearson VE3HTR
Secretary, Chris Lauzon VA3CRR
Treasurer, Elizabeth Halliwell VE3EZH
- Repeater Equipment Moves at Cornwall Community Hospital are underway: VE3SVC (VHF) and VE3VSW (UHF) are operational during the transition however coverage may be reduced. Other repeaters at the site are down until further notice.
- We are now on our Christmas break. The next meeting of the SVARC will be on Wednesday, January 29th, 2020 at St. John Ambulance HQ on Sydney Street at the usual time. Hope to see you there.
- The VHF D-STAR repeater VA3SDG-C on 145.570 MHz. and the APRS Node VE3SVC-1 on 144.390 MHz has been temporarily shut down in order to investigate an interference issue at the Cornwall repeater site. VE3SVC on 147.180, VE3VSW on 444.800 MHz. and UHF D-STAR repeater VA3SDG-B on 444.450 MHz. are not affected, nor are any at the Bonville site.
- Please note that VE3IRO (Iroquois) now requires a tone of 100.0 Hz
- Please note that the UHF Repeater VE3MTA has a new call sign. As of October 19th, 2018, VE3PGC is the new call. VE3MTA belonged to a past member, Robert McSween, and the call has been retired back to ISEDC.
- Net Control Operators are needed. Please let Tom or one of the other executive members know if you can help out.